10-10-13 Dolly Status

Yesterday was manual labor day!

I was finally able to cut the shrubs by the curb in the front yard cut.  Then, I pulled everything out of my closet to  clean the floor from the closet to my bathroom.

I finally finished putting everything back into the closet around 11PM last night.  Before that, I moved Dolly from the utility room to the master bathroom.  If I'm not outside, I spend my time learning this new computer (in my bedroom).  So, I moved her into the bathroom, so I could talk to her and she could see me when we aren't outside.

Today, she is so funny.  I held her up, and she squeezes next to my neck and rests on my shoulder.  She has done this for awhile.  Yesterday, it was cool, and it was so nice to have her warm little body next to me.

She was really still this morning.  Then, I thought about what she was doing.  She could see herself in the mirror.  She was mesmerized!

Last night,  she slept alone for the first time.  When Sweetpea (Lily) left, Belles slept with her in the utility room for 4 nights (on her own pillow).  Dolly did great after she settled down.  I thought she might be hungry.  I had taken her off most food.  So, I fed her some Hill's I/D for the digestive tract.  Then, the teeth came out!  Those teeth are still sharp!  They love to get your hands on their molars where they can bite down.  I'm pretty experienced with puppies and their teeth, so they aren't able to do that to me.  But last night, she was wild.  Maybe, this is what lead to the pumpkin fiasco!  So, I gave her some ice cubes.  After she finished, she went to sleep.  Now, we have broken the bond of someone has to sleep with her!

We played on the bathroom floor the other night.  When I leave her in their by herself with another dog, she knows to go to her potty pad.  She doesn't torture the potty pad either because she has her space and isn't mad at the world!

It can be really tough growing up!  They are cute, but can have tempers and be a little messy!

On Sunday, she ate a pumpkin stem and got sick (3 days of diarrhea).  She was well all day Wednesday!  Everything goes into their mouths!

Well, the dogs have found their morning squirrel to tell it to go back home, so I need to get out there and calm them down!  It seems to be a ritual with this squirrel every morning!

Even though Belles is very well trained to come into the house when called, I still have to call her several times when a squirrel is involved!  Tazz won't come because we lived in an apartment and didn't learn to COME on commmand (she is very stubborn).  The first thing I teach the puppies at a house is COME!

This is great.  I can get to my washer and dryer so much easier now!

Dolly and I are going to try and get pictures of her in the white azaleas this week or weekend (or may need Steve's help)!

Dolly has two new toys.  She found a treasure in the backyard called a Pine Cone, and it was just the right size for her little mouth.  She was just strutting around with it hanging to one side of her mouth.

Now, she is running around with one of CoCo's tennis balls hanging out her mouth.  You see - it is much easier to carry around because CoCo ripped the felt off the ball.  Dolly only has to hold onto the felt which is much easier!  She is so smart and funny!

I don't know how she got wet again, but within a few minutes of going outside she was.  Yesterday, she went through the sprinkler!  Of course, it doesn't take long to dry out again!

Gardening - It looks like I have finally won against the paws!  I have figured out how to defeat them from tearing up my gardens and digging!  Lets see - how many years did that take and how many tries! New products always help - don't get up - ever!

This week she has figured out how to move her water bowl without dumping the water!  I have used the water bowls to hold down the rug in her pen.  I have realized the way to defeat them now, but will have to save it for the next litter!

I'm finally started today making Dolly sit for her meals.  I should have done this earlier, but she has had a lot to go through with everyone leaving before she finds her new home.

Dolly went to the vet today.  She was a brave girl again!

She is getting a little silver on her nose which is lightening her face up a bit.

New But Old - Dolly has a good time playing with an old towel.  Then, we tried the laser pointer, but she hasn't figured that out yet.