10-11-13

Well, Dolly and I have had an interesting morning.

After my walk, I went out to play ball with the Cairns.  Actually, CoCo is the only one who wants to chase down the ball.  Belles likes to jump for the ball.  Tazz likes to tackle CoCo when she gets the ball.  Dolly wants to strut with the felt of the ball, and Chase ignores us!

I hadn't groomed Chase before everyone picked up their puppy thinking I might need to demonstrate different grooming techniques.  It didn't happen, and now he hasn't been able to see.  Or we haven't been able to see his eyes - which is the first rule of training!

I picked up a new grooming apron and was taking out of the package.  Before I had finished, part of the apron was moving across the porch in Dolly's mouth - the apron ties!  On this apron you couldn't just throw the loop over your neck, so while I was trying to tie it the whole apron was leaving me.

Next, Dolly decided she needed to turn over the trash can and take the trash out!

Dolly was great for about 30 minutes while working on Chase.  I kept calling her, and she kept coming to me.  Then, she didn't come.  Where was she?  Then, Belles starts barking at the driveway, and I saw a black blog running around the driveway.  She I rush to the garage doors.  By the time, the doors are up, there she is climbing back into the fence!  See they don't want to be away from their family, and Belles was a very watchful Mother.  Dolly is back in the house - in her pen - until I can put more fencing up!

Oh, the other thing Dolly was doing this morning was tugging on my pants when she wanted to get my attention!