08-16-13

I will post a picture of what I woke up today!  Hint:  it isn't pretty!

The good news is they ate their dry food straight from the package today!  Yeah - not so much mess!

I'm going to have to dub Maggie with a new title - Maggie the Mess!  Although all of them can be a mess, you never get mad or upset because they are so cute!  She cannot help it.  Her paws just end up in the ground up food, water, and poop!  She will need a quick bath soon, but so does everyone else at this stage.

Which reminds me.  When you pick up your puppy, they will have a bath because I don't want to send home anyone with a stinky puppy!  Try to wait as long as you can to bath them because baths are the best for terriers!

Belles was up at 3:50AM this morning wanting to go visit the puppies.  I wouldn't let her see them until Steve was up and ready to leave, then I could feed them and clean everything up.  So, Belles whined at least until 5:00AM.  I did fall asleep for a short time after her whining episode.

Most mothers are funny.  When the puppies want them to nurse, they get tired around the end of the second week and want to get away from the puppies.  It seems we have made it two days without nursing now.  Now, Belles wants them.  The problem is... if she gets near them, they latch on very quickly.  Then, she looks at me with those adorable eyes.... pleading with me to take them away.  The timing is never right!

The green one wants to be picked up all the time.  I think she misses her Mother terribly.  I hold her up to Mother, and she licks her.  I think it comforts her some.  After our love session, she got down and played with the others.


In the meantime, the others were playing on the potty side of their pen which just had been cleaned up (happens every time)!

Just fed the pups again a 12:10PM and can finally get to bed at 12:35PM!