08-17-13

What a surprise -- Woke up to another BIG mess today!

The kids are doing well eating dry puppy food now and drinking their water.  After breakfast, sponge baths were in order - - especially for Messy Maggie.

When the kids were having breakfast, I was cleaning up the BIG mess.  After the sponge baths, I walked around the house with each puppy.

Each puppy was very good with me holding them and pinching their feet lightly.   I also put my finger in their mouths and told them "open wide".   They all liked the love!

They are really up and playing this morning.  They were eating and pulling tails; this group just loves tails.  They had a body chain going across their area (one stacked on top of another - moving).

Orange - She decided to get up and mix it up with Yellow!  This was the most active I have seen her!
Blue - Little Joe decided to concentrate on the corner of the potty pad and tried to get it out of its holder.
Aqua - While walking Maggie, I found I had kissed poof on her ear - I missed a spot!  So, Maggie was back to the utility room sink for another bath.  She is great with letting me open her month - no problem!
Yellow - Was tackling puppies today and pulling tails!  She still seems to be the alpha and very fun!
Green - She loves to be held, kissed, and cuddled!  She ignored the bowl of water in the corner of the fence to let me know she needed to be picked up again.  Had to change the water again!  She has become the investigator.  Every time I pick up the poop, there she is checked to see what I'm doing!


After they settled down for their nap, I gave them some turkey broth ice cubes.  This gave them some fun for awhile.  Of course, three of them had their faces in the same bowl even though I put down two bowl.

By 10AM, I was actually finished with puppy "necessary" chores.  I had been able to get my breakfast,  the puppies were resting again, and time to write the blog.

So, I'm listening to Kim Kommando.  Some lady put peanut butter on her iPad to get her dogs to play apps!  She likes to leave for them when she is away from home!  Just a thought, but I'm not doing it!

Going to get the other pens down from the attic today, so we can put them outside!  They will meet the grass today and hopefully learn to potty in the grass!  I should be able to get some great pictures of them.

Since they are eating their dry food now, I will take them out of the crate (gets too messy) and let them eat in their pen.

The crate is on rollers, so they will be rolled through the house into the TV watching room (while I hope Mom doesn't teach them to bark at the TV)!  Note:  Mom will be removed from the room if you tries to teach them bad habits!

Today, I will be cleaning the house.  So, they will hear the vacuum cleaner for the first time.  They are in the utility room and hear the washer and dryer all the time!

I'm also writing notes as I go along to write a Puppy Guide, so it is in the works for all you new parents!

Awww... they prefer hands and love over ice cubes!

Maggie looked at me twice when I called her name to take her picture.

I put their 6:00PM meal down in the pen and couldn't get anyone to wake up to eat!

Their ears are starting to come up!