08-21-13

I gave them 3 cups of food today.  They ate 2 cups.  The bag says each puppy should be eating 1/4 cups to 1-1/4 cups per day.

Grandma CoCo came to visit the kids this morning.  She was so cute outside the fence.  She was trying to get the kids to play.  I'll have to put her outside with the kids later and see if she can get them to play!

Belles came in to do her morning inspection of the puppies.  For some reason, she always gets them down on the dirty end of the pen.  I have to move her to the other side, so they puppies are in the play end of the pen.

This morning I have introduced raw hide chips to the kids for their teeth.  Of course, if there are only 3 chips everyone wants it.  Then, I gave them 5 chips for 5 kids.  Now, no one wants them.

As I was setting up the crate, the kids were chirpping again.  I found Maggie sitting in an empty water bowl and Zoey was standing in the other empty water bowl.

Today, I'm going to be working at the kitchen bar with my computer.  I have placed a crate with a potty pad in a portion of the crate.  I have lined it with packing paper.

The first girl in the crate is #5.  She has already zoned in on the TV and barked at it.  She let out another two barks.  She has no separation anxiety.  She is having a great time playing with the new toys I gave her.  Boy, my heart tugs and wants to pick her up with she looks up at me, but this is her alone time.  She was relaxed enough to fall asleep at 11:35AM.  I got up and walked away - no problems.  She is enjoying laying on her fuzzy toy fox!   Well, she doesn't like being away from humans.  This little girl will look me in the eye and ask to be picked up.  She did try and chew my ear this morning!

Zoey (#4) is in the crate eating her lunch now.  She was very quite for awhile, but she just let out a purr and is whining.  Just as I thought, she wanted to go to the bathroom.  I took her into the pen and put her on the potty side of the pen, then she went to the living side.  I growled at her and picked her up immediately to put her on the potty side.

12:30  Maggie is in the pen.  I have given her some food to eat.  She is whining with a raw hide in her mouth.  She is learning to chew on it.  She didn't last long.  Thought she might need to go to the bathroom.  She is in the pen crying with the others.

12:35  Little Joe is in the crate and doing fine and eating a little bit while everyone complains in the utility room.  Put Little Joe back into the pen at 12:52PM, so he could go to the bathroom and take a nap.  He did really well.  He even wet on his small potty pad in the crate!  Good boy Joe!  he had no problem being in the crate by himself!

12:42 All crying has stopped.

12:55PM - Lights have been turned out for their nap.  Everyone has eaten and is quiet.

1:58PM - Maggie wasn't sleeping, so I put her in the crate.  She doesn't seem to like being by herself.  She was whinning.  Little Joe came to share the crate with her, and she has settled down some.   Maggie was happy while she was enjoying her popsicles with Little Joe.  Now, she is complaining again.  I put a paper towel roll in the crate which Little Joe is enjoying!  He seems to be very independent.  Maggie loves playing with Zoey in the regular pen.  Going to have to work on Maggie, but Little Joe is doing great!

2:24PM - Maggie leaves the crate with Little Joe.  Enters Zoey.  She immediately took an interest in the paper towel holder and played with it for a short while.  She just looks up at me to say - What now?  Gave her a potty pad.  Petted her and told her good girl!  Zoey is having a popsicle.  Maggie is still upset in the big pen.  Went to see if they just needed love.  Maggie gave me puppy breathe kisses!  #5 loved being picked up  Now. Little Joe is fussing.  He got scared when I was banging ice on the counter top and ran to the other side of the pen.  He came back quickly!  #5 tackled Zoey today!

2:55  Now, Zoey is crying - not Maggie in the utility room!  #1 has been in her crate.  She even pooped on the potty pad in the crate.  Went over and told her what a good girl she was.  She has also had a popsicle and enjoyed it.  She is figuring out how to play with her toys by herself and having a great time!  She is a very calm Cairn!

3:06 #5's right ear went up!  Zoey has been fussing, so I picked her up.  Then, Maggie starts fussing again.  Later, I put Zoey back in the pen and both of them went to play.

Maybe, their teeth just hurt today with all the crying!

Well, I sent Belles in, and she couldn't help the puppies.   Finally, I gave them more food.  Belles and I left the room while they were still talking.  It seems they ate it and fell asleep!

5:01  Maggie and #5 have been sitting in the crate together.  They have been very quiet.

5:37  Kids are doing great now.  They must not have eaten enough food when it was offered.  Just wish they could talk!

5:51PM Saw Zoey make a choice to go to the other side of the pen to potty!  I had to grunt at her this morning to let her know she had gone on the wrong side this morning.  Good job Zoey!

8:16PM  Just finished with our baths because we are spending too much time on the potty side of the living area.  Don't know why that is.  It seems this group like to get dirty!  They want to sleep and play over there which hasn't happened before.

We went outside and we had two poops in the grass (in the pen)!  Yeah!!

We played follow the leader on a very short path and took video of all of them on their first try except #5.  #5 showed off on her second try on video.  She is a very energetic puppy and full of life!

Came inside and had our baths, then I gave them the wash cloth which I dried them with to pull tug of war.  They caught on quickly and everyone participated.  Zoey even played tug with the small hose I tied onto their pen!