08-24-13

Maggie stayed in the utility room pen where she should have felt safe, but she still cried out.  We had to have a discussion which I tried to win!

We went outside this morning to play and take pictures.  I placed CoCo in the pen.  They tried to latch unto her.  CoCo never disciplined her puppies, but she told the grandkids that wasn't appropriate!  She even laid down on the grass, so no puppy could get under her.  I thought that was very clever of her!  She introduced them to different dog correction sounds.  They will need more interaction with the female dogs.  Tazz will work with them later.

At lunch, Maggie has moved into my bedroom with Tazz and Chase in the same area, and she is fine.  She seems to display separation anxiety from the puppies or me.  Maggie was very quiet and ate her food.  Now, she is squeaking some to get out of her crate and making some new interesting sounds.  Maggie finally cleaned her plate like Zoey - through all her drama!

I'm feeding them 1/4 cup of food each meal.  Zoey polished her food off for the first time since I have separated them for meals.  Everyone else had a little left on their plate.  Without the competition, they don't each as much as they did.  Getting them ready to go home and eat by themselves.  At this point, all of them are going to be only children!

The puppies were doing great in their crates for lunch.  Now, I hear sounds from the kitchen.  Time to go and check on them.  They were finished eating and put them back into their pen.

2:33  Zoey came into the pen in my bedroom and cried for awhile.  She is sound asleep now.  I'm working in my bedroom on my computer and paper work.   Zoey woke up for the stapler sound.  It really got her attention.

5:300PM - #5 is in my room working with me.  She is perfect.  I have been calling her Greenlea, but I now want to call her Dolly or Bell.  She loves for me to pick her up, but is up and looking around and seeing the TV!  She loves it in here and Belles is on the floor watching her!

5:56PM They have worn me out today.  So, they are going to all eat in their pen together.  Zoey is so alpha she has to eat out of Maggie's dish!

Well, Zoey went to sleep in the big dog water dish today.   Then, when it went dry, #1 stepped in it trying to get any water she could out of it.

These puppies really drink the water.

7:30 Little Joe came into my office area.  He stayed until he pooped in the crate.  He needs to come back.  He was so GOOD!

9:10PM Have been on the bed and floor playing with CoCo and Belles.  Something has gotten into these two gals.  They want to play tug, but Belles is like Flopsie and taking everything away from Mom.  I'm going to have to separate them to be able to play with CoCo.  They were absolutely crazy on my bed playing tug of war tonight.  It is obvious that Belles is feeling better now!