09-07-13 Happy 8 Week Birthday little puppies!

Wow - 8 weeks ago - on July 13, 2013 our cute little babies were born!  I will be seeing some of you next weekend to pick up your puppies.  We need to schedule your pick-up times!

The time had gone toooooo fast!  I'm going to make the most of my last week with this litter!

7:00-9:00AM - Mommy got up and fed us in the utility room.  We have played all over the utility room.  We don't like Mommy to leave us in the utility room by ourselves, so we trap her.  We all surround her feet.  When we bit her toes, she gives us this sound.  We know it means not to do it anymore.  After one day, we know not to tug on her nightgown anymore.  She says getting through the utility room in like walking through land mines because of all of us, our food dishes, and our toys!  Mommy cleaned up our pen which was a disaster.  Don't tell her we told, but she made a fatal mistake last night.  She left the plastic draw bridge down, and we couldn't cross to the other side of our fence!  So, we slept in one carpet side and pooped in the other side.  We heard her tell us we were really good puppies and she couldn't believe there wasn't any poop on our potty side of the pen.  Then, she realized what had happened!  She cleaned up the pen - down to the sheets today.

For the pen, she puts down plastic first (like a thick shower curtain).  She makes sure this is secured with blue painter's tape.  Next, she puts down the potty pads.  Then, she puts down an flat sheet with the fold on one side and the open side past the pen, so we cannot get between the sheets.  She gets packing paper and puts it down. Then, we get our carpet on top of the paper in two areas of our pens.  She just leaves the packing paper exposed on the potty side of the pen.  She also recycles the paper from our play/sleeping area.  We have a few puddles on that side, so it can be reused.  She also wants us to smell the paper, so we know what side of the pen to sleep on!

Mom insisted on another bath.  Zoey had very dirty front feet.  Mom had to really wash between her toes and get the dried poop out between she pads on her feet.  Dolly tried to climb out of the sink and washtub.  Little Joe and Sweetpea were very good.  And I tried to jump out of the sink!  Mommy is very experienced and knows how to handle us in a sink.  She suggests others wash their puppies in the dishpan in the tub - it is less risky!  Since we are very quick puppies, you would never take your eyes off of us or we could break our necks jumping from the sink to the floor!

Now, we are clean and playing in our pens growling at each other!  Zoey is really taking to the tennis ball!  Mom inserted our rag bones in our play pen for us to pull on when we get bored.  Another thing we do when we get bored is drink water.  So, you know what that means!

Mommy put in the car last night for a ride, and I complained the whole way there because Zoey wasn't with me.  Mom and I went over to visit my new mom Debra last night.  It looks like I'm going to have a new sister - her name is Ester.  She is a Siamese cat.  I don't think she likes me.  She threw many threats my way.  Well, I just kept wagging my tail.  Maybe, she will change her mind.  If not, I heard Mommy Debra say, so would be spending more time outside!  We did find out she knows the word treats and wanted some of mine!  Maybe Mommy Debra will need to use our word  - COOKIES!  Mommy Debra was so excited to see me.  Mommy ran around the island with me while Mommy Debra videoed the event.  When I got back, I told all my sisters and brother where we went and what I did.  Looks like like is going to be pretty exciting around there!

Mommy is going to let us watch Rick Steve's European Travels for part of our education today!

Well, it is really quiet in the kitchen now.  Guess I better get back there and take my nap with the rest of the gang.

Mommy made us boxes to create a maze today!  Mommy said I passed with flying colors.  My hint to all puppies is to follow your nose!  I just followed the treats and was able to go through the whole maize!



------------------------------------------------The Maggie Report ---------------------------------------------