09-08-13

This morning, I asked Steve to watch the puppies play in the utility room while I went to shower and get ready for church.

When I returned, the kitchen was full of Cairns - large and small!

Grandma CoCo, Mama Belles, and even Chase were in the kitchen.  I never put Chase in with the puppies because he really doesn't want anything to do with them.  You have to watch the males.  Belles has calmed down in the last few weeks and doesn't mind the other dogs visiting with the puppies now.  Thank goodness!

Sweetpea is still trying to get milk from Mama Belles.  The other day  - a few of them tried to get milk from CoCo!

Belles is more firm with them than CoCo was.  For awhile, I could only put one or two puppies with Belles.  If I put more, they would all gang up on her and attack her for milk.   She can handle one or two and tell them - NO!  She just flops down on her belly, so they cannot get it.  CoCo would look at me.  I would have to tell her to tell them NO, and she would give them the mama growl.

It is funny  how CoCo and Belles move them around teaching them with their noses and body.  I don't know if I have posted any of that video, but will try to get more after I saw them playing this morning.

Something has happened with this litter!  There has been a change!  A good change!

They aren't pooping as much!  Aren't you lucky!  They are getting more on a schedule of eating and pooping and that is it!  Not all day long!

They have also decided to be more clean in their pens!  You are lucky again!  They are actually sleeping on the carpet end of the pen!  Maybe didn't like all the baths they were getting  and decided to CLEAN up their act!  Ha!

Sweetpea is getting more brave this week!

Maggie actually waited to poop.  She didn't poop in the utility room and went to the papers in the pen to poop!  She is making decisions now!  Yeah - Maggie!

Most are pooping and pottying on the potty pad - when they aren't tearing it up - that hasn't changed - when they are in the utility room playing on their own!

They seem to know their names!  I was letting them out of the gate yesterday by calling their names!

They follow very well.  When they reach 6 months, watch out!  They start becoming their own person and will notice more things and will start running away to chase things.  Just have them follow you around the house and ALWAYS keep them on a leash outside if they aren't in a fence.  They will stay at your heels - just don't step on them.   They can get under foot at this time.

Hello Dolly has very quick fast twitch muscles.  She is a runner and the fastest one in the litter!

Little Joe is going to be very fast like Hello Dolly!  Need to watch him around 6 months!

All could escape the front door very quickly especially Hello Dolly and Little Joe since they are so fast!  The best one to greet people at the front door is to put them on a leash, so they cannot get out the door.

Everyone is learning to stay behind the gate and let me out first.  I just tell them BACK (so they back up).  Belles and Radar were bad at this.  Belles still needs to learn to let me pass first.  There are always opportunities with Cairns!

Maggie has one ear up and still one floppy ear.  She is really working on getting her ear up before going home!

They do love to play with each other.  After they get their last shots, they need to come into contact with other dogs.  Training classes are a good way to socialize them.  They really look forward to getting out of the house and seeing other dogs.  Unfortunately,  there seems to be some new dog flu which you need to read about or ask your vet.  I'm going to do the same thing.  I'll post some links on the blog - probably next week.

I will taking them for their shots this week!  I will let you know how much the shots are and you can pay me when you pick them up.

I would really make sure I have a pen for them if you are working or out of the house for long periods of time.  I have just had my cabinets repaired in my utility room and don't want any one chewing on them again.  When you think you can trust them, you cannot.  We left Flopsie (8 months) to go on a trip in the utility room with CoCo.  When we returned, she had eaten through the cabinets!  It seems she was very mad we left her!

We will be taking a ton of pictures this week!  I hope to have some great pictures to share with you.  This will be the first time I will take them outside due to weather conditions.  I have some fun ideas for the pictures and hope the turn out well.

Now, I'm going to get back to my puppy manual I'm writing for you!

6:12PM - Zoey has been finding her voice!  She was barking at the new toy I left in the utility room - The BIG GREEN EGG (will post video later tonight).

6:47PM - Zoey is barking again at the BIG GREEN EGG!  Then, she starts attacking my boxes I put in the cabinet, so she couldn't climb in and eat my refurbished cabinets!

6:50PM - Maggie jumped up on the small gray plastic box to play with Sweetpea.  She cannot figure out how to get down.  Maggie is tilting her head with her one floppy ear when I take her picture!  Too cute!  We let her out to take a picture of her ears outside.  Her first stop was to check out the food bowl!  What a Cairn!!

7:45PM - Little Joe was getting after the rag bone I stuck in the pet fence!  He was growling and talking to it!  I do think he is tired of all these girls!  I put him out in the kitchen floor with Belles for awhile.

9:14PM - Debra just left from her visit with Maggie.  All puppies were picked up and loved!  Debra was able to see Little Joe go and potty on the pad.  I went to get the treat as I was telling him - Good Job Little Joe.  Debra said he was running to the gate to get his treat!  Good job Little Joe!!!

9:43PM - The wild children have been put to bed.  They haven't gone to sleep.  Maggie is licking Sweetpea's ear like crazy.  Maggie is also pulling up he carpet which Debra and I just put in the pen!