09-21-13

This has been a busy week.  I have been trying to catch up on my yard work!  On Thursday, I was clipping shrubs from 8AM to 1PM.  Of course, I planned it this way.  The mowers came and I could get them to do the hard work - getting rid of all the mess!  I had them take down limbs on trees also!  It was a very big mess.  Hopefully, I will be able to finish this week.   Then, our sprinkler control box messed up last week and had to price them.  It could cost $500 just to replace it.  It was on sale on Friday at Lowe's for under $100.  Steve will install and I will be his assistant to learn!  I also dug trenches to put in sprinklers in the flower beds.  With more new houses coming into the neighborhood, the sprinkler system has to be run at a different time than all the other neighbors due to water pressure.  Guess I am going to have to go down and speak with the city next!  I had my cabinets and shelving repaired about Flopsie and Belles decided on their own to redesign my cabinets!  I have repainted the utility cabinets plus my kitchen cabinets.  Now, I have to repaint the red paint (usually 6 layers) around the cabinets and places on the wall.  I guess this will have to wait until all the puppies are out of the house!

So, Sweetpea and Dolly have now been playing in the yard and entertaining themselves!  It is so great to have your Heartworm pills, so you can get out ant play.  It is great for them to have each other and wear themselves out.  I had to go and actually put water on their tongues, at the water bowl, to show them where to go and find water.  Strange - they found it in the house without a problem!

Friday was spent cleaning the kitchen floor and utility room floor.  Now, I just have the breakfast nook and the master bathroom to finish!  The floors look so much better.  I put a  3 coats of sealer on them to shine them up, but couldn't do this when the puppies were learning to walk.  It would have been too slick for them.

Went to Debra's Sip and See party for Maggie on Thursday night!  Maggie is doing well.

Hope I will have time to get more cute pictures of the girls!  This is a good reason to teach them to SIT , DOWN, STAY - pictures go so much better!  They are so fast and moving so quickly - even my "fast" camera has problems getting them.  I have plenty of action packed blurry pictures!

Sweetpea has figured out she cannot out run Dolly.  So, she just lays in the grass and watches for her to pounce.  My Tazz does this.  It reminds us of the Pink Panther movies!

Sweetpea gets tangled in the vines and does this little bunny hop to get through the vines.  They both are acting like my adults.  Just running through all the shrubs - here - there - everywhere!

While cleaning the floors, I put them in separate crates in the study.  They did very well!  I have moved their pen back into the utility room, so I will be putting them in their crates to eat.  Then, I will be able to control both of them more and take them outside.  I will give them a treat and say potty immediately - giving them a treat!  This is the only way I can work on outdoor training - two at a time.  These kids are too sneaky in the house.  I turn my back and it is done!  Very hard to catch them and reward immediately.  When I'm not with them, they go back to their pen to be together.  They need to learn to have their own space now!

I have my crates on wheels, so I can take them to the rooms where I am to be able to watch them.  They will sleep in the crate.  It is so sweet to watch them.  They are precious!

Now, I'm listening to Kim Kommando and sorting my pictures of the puppies.  At least, it is easier these days to sort the individual pictures of the puppies - just light and dark now!

It is so interesting to see them roam the yard!  The first day was rough for all the puppies, but it only took one spill!  They learn so quickly.  It is so fun to watch them on the steps.  If only I could get them to stand still.  it makes the best shot!  Dolly and Sweetpea are very aware where they are at all times.  Dolly is faster and stops herself before anything bad happened - just like Grandma CoCo!  Dolly reminds me of CoCo so much!

Strange how Sweetpea is so similar to Flopsie and Dolly like Coco!

I wonder how many videos and pictures I have taken of this litter.  It takes a ton of time to sort and look through the video to post.  When viewing the video, I have to do in MUTE mode.  My adults are in the room and go bonkers if they hear the puppies - especially the mom - this time Belles!

I still have some baby pictures to sort because they look so much alike.  I have to put them in a collage to sort and look at their features!  I really try and get the color collars on them ASAP - saves me time with the pictures!  I did found out that I need smaller ones for the first borns!  Their necks are so, so small!

Going to have to go back and put together pictures in a collage when they were born to now!  What a difference!

Puppies have been out 3 or 4 times today with Aunt Tazz, Grandma CoCo, and Mama Belles.  It seems I just create more work by photographing the puppies.  Think I was able to get some cute pictures today.

Hello Dolly is going to be a great Cairn!  She is so fun, but a sprinter!  She is going to need a very active family!  She is so alert.  I was trying to get her picture by the ferns.  After just one time of telling her to SIT, she kept sitting to get more treats for more pictures!  What a girl!

Sweetpea is so funny!  It takes her a little longer to get someplace compared to Dolly, but she shows up!  It is so great to be able to see both personalities emerge and develop.  They stayed out while the neighbor was mowing.  It doesn't both Sweetpea anymore!