09-09-13

5:30 AM - They were up very early today.  They were fed.

9:30AM - Zoey decided to invoke her Alpha status today in the pen.  She started picking on everyone.  I removed her from her litter mates and put her in the utility room.  She is playing happily in the utility room by herself.  At 9 weeks, the litter mates can get grouchy with each other.  Everyone else is tired of playing and has gone to sleep!  It is nice a quiet in the pen at this time.

After about 10 minutes Zoey went back to the puppy pen and went to sleep.  She was pouting some because she went down to the other end to sleep by herself.

10:45AM - Returned from errands.  Everything was nice and quiet.  Zoey was on the same end of the pen as the other puppies!

11:00 - 11:25AM - We just started learning our SITS and DOWNS this morning.  It always amazes me how quickly these Cairns learn!  Everyone did wonderful!

11:41AM - Working at the bar while waiting for the puppies to eat and play in the utility room.  Little Joe just cocked his head to the side when I spoke to him.  My Tazz does does her head that way when I talk to her.  It makes for cute pictures!

Zoey had another problem last night.  She is great by herself in the utility room.  She knows how to entertain herself with the toys.  She doesn't seem to get bored playing by herself.  In Zoey's defense, the litter mates start getting tired of each other starting in the 9th week.  Zoey just moved up the date!

Took Little Joe and Zoey into the study to watch TV on the sofa.  Both loved to snuggle.  Zoey was sound asleep on me with Steve called me from the grocery store (I had to wake her).  Both liked chewing on their little sticks while with me.