09-10-13

I have so many great videos of the kids.  I wish I could get them all to you.  I hope to put them together with my new computer later, so you can see how they grew up.  I like to provide you video because I wish I could have seen my dogs grow up.  You have so many questions after you get them.   Did they show this behavior when they were younger?  What were like with their siblings? Etc.

When you get your puppies, the one thing to remember is patience.  If you get up tight, they will get up tight and no progress will be made - especially during training.  Their progress just cannot be rushed.

I started training them yesterday on SIT and DOWN which I will show you.  You want them to recognize you as pack leader in your household because you will be forming a new pack with them.

They are playing well in the utility room this morning. It has become very quiet in there - that is when I worry.  They come out of their pens in the morning like little firecrackers!  They are loving their boxes which I will send one home with them - don't let me forget.  It gives them something solid to sink their teeth into instead of your cabinets!

Belles goes to check on them from time to time.  In the morning, she cannot wait to go to the gate and count them!

CoCo looks at them.  She went in and stole a rawhide chew from them.  She has no shame!

I added more to yesterday's blog!

I hope this blog will help you to be ready for your puppies and you will share your experiences with me as they grow up!

They are all so loving and want to be picked up all the time which doesn't happen with all terriers.  Terriers are very independent.  When you get them home, keep taking them to the sofa with their chew sticks.  This way you are teaching them to snuggle up with you.  Both Flopsie and Belles loved to get up on the sofa with me.  Belles served as my pillow at times until she discovered the large TV.  Now, she is a TV addict!  If we turn off the TV, then she goes back to the wonderful snuggly state!

From the time you get your puppy, you will be training them and getting them into your routine.  Remember, to talk to your puppy - they love it - especially on a walk!

I put the puppies back in the pen.  It was very quite in the utility room.  I put their boxes in both areas for them to crawl in and go to sleep.  I won't leave the boxes in the pens when I leave the house because they could move it, jump on it, and try to jump over the top of the pen.  I put their toys to snuggle up in for sleeping.

Sweetpea was trying to get her plastic hanger into her box - too cute!

Hello Dolly is sleeping in her box.  Her little feet are dangling outside the box!  Too cute!

This is interesting - most of the puppies are getting silver down their noses!  Little Joe has something special (last time I looked), he has a silver Go -T.

Old Dogs Can Learn New Tricks - Tazz (who is 11 years old) has learned to COME when called recently.  She was my apartment dog with the stubborn terrier attitude!  She also watched CoCo learn to PLAY DEAD (which is complex).  Do you know she just did it one day by herself?  She wanted a treat like CoCo was getting, and she loves doing the trick!