09-24-13 The Four Paws



Today, we have been outside.  The trash trucks were to arrive at 9AM, and they are late.  I'm still waiting at 10.   I'm watching the puppies from my bedroom window.  They have such a great time playing together.  They are listening to the train come through blowing its horn.  This only happens twice a week.  I thought I wouldn't like it, but love listening to the hum of the engine and the whistle blowing!

The kids are streaking through the yard playing and having fun.  They are able to get really tired from all the play.  But guess what, you can hardly ever wear out a Cairn.

I remember two times.  We took Tazz to a festival in Atlanta to get her use to people.  By the time we left, we were carrying her.  We also took Flopsie on the trail in Tyler.  Steve had to carry her.  They were much older than the pups, but these were the only two times we have truely worn out a Cairn.  Both Tazz and Flospie weren't a year old yet when this happened!

We also donned our leashes this morning and drug them through the garden.  Sweetpee felt the need (like so many Cairns) to walk Dolly with her leash!

I could tell the kids were getting tired.  It is still to the point that I can carry both of them into the house at the same time.  I now let them walk from the utility room to the outside by themselves - now that Sweetpea isn't afraid to go over the door threshold.

So, I pick them up and just was I get into the utility room when I slip and hit my left knee.  But the kids are fine - they just had another experience!  Next, I go and check to see if the trash trucks came and CoCo didn't make me aware of the fact (which would be a miracle - that does happen from time to time).  No, the trash is still in the trash can!  Just as I get down there, I hear the trucks again!  I quickly run into the house and grab the kids to put them outside on the grass.  Now, I am very calm around them like nothing is going to happen.

Sweetpea hears them and runs for shelter under the porch.  Guess what??  She knows the word COOKIE already - just found that out!  I call - Sweetpea COOKIE.  Here she comes from the porch to the yard!  She stayed there beside me, but she is getting exposed to the sounds now.

Hello Dolly on the other hand.  Nothing bothered her!!  She has the true Cairn attitude!  I was looking at pictures of her from the birth day.  She was lighter.  She has actually become darker.  She has a little silver in her.  I would keep her for breeding if I could.   I love her color and always wanted a Cairn as black as she is.  I think she would be a great mom, but she is going to make someone a great pet!

Before heading out to the great outdoors, the four paws demolished a potty pad (I thought was held down by a brick).  I layer their pens, and didn't think they would be able to get to the pad.  I was wrong again!  They had too much fun together.  There was cotton flying everywhere!  This is when they went outside for the first time this morning.

The four paws also have a great time digging in my flower beds.  Now, they have discovered they can go down the trench I dug for new sprinklers.  They have a great time digging in the trench which is great because Steve will probably want it deeper!

At 10:45AM, they are taking a nap!

I was just loving them.  Their heads are still so small.  They still fit in the palm of my hand.  Plus, they are small enough, I can still carry two of them at one time!

2:31PM - Dolly and Sweetpea woke from their naps.  Both went out to the grass to potty!  Yeah!  Then, Dolly even pooped!

Sweetpea was sitting on the ledge of our garden.  I went into the house to get my camera.  She was still there, so I was able to get a great picture.  Dolly saw me with the camera.  She got under Sweetpea and just sat down.  Perfect shot of the two of them!  It was so amazing!

2:43PM - Dolly understands when I call her in the house she doesn't want to come and give up playing outside!  Sweetpea will come in, but reluctantly.  Tomorrow, we will work on the COME command going into the house.  I will call them over and over into the house giving them different types of treats!